Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting the US visa

"Visa is a really bad thing, there is a bad word for that" - told once my friend - "remove all borders, remove all borders please" - contunued.

I totally agree with that statement and I am thinking why countries are issuing visas? Only one answer is - money!

Well how it was with me. I had to take a train from Wroclaw to Krakow, because over there was a consulate. I went out home at 1 am, I got to train station where I was waiting almost one hour. Then I got into the train, where of course there was no places, only on corridor. So I was over there watching people who were fighting with themselfs. Well train had delay because in almost all stations police were coming, until finally they kick few people out of the train.

Coming to Krakow

Finally Krakow - I like this city, but I was a bit afraid to go there, becasue always when I am coming back I am totally sick! Anyway, this time I am still feeling OK.
I went to american consulate, there was a lot of people standing in front of the door. I came there and ask if I can come in when I still have around 30 min to my appointment. What I got to know that I have to join to the huge group of people standing in the opposite side of the street - there were some consulate emloyees who ON THE STREET were checking all the documents and giving numbers - I really couldn't believe of such a treatment.

Waiting, waiting and one more waiting

There was to much waiting, at first long time to scan my fingersprints and then waiting for a meeting with consul. Yhe waiting room was very small and very cold. There was not enough places for all the people and all the time someone were comming to say that people cannot go out from the room. I was at first sleeping a bit, then chatting with people. There were only or young or very old people. What surprised me it was that people was scared!

Meeting with Consul

Finally after long waiting I have heard my name. I went to other room where there was one person sitting in the small box, there was a window between us and we both were talking to microphone. "Hello, how are you" he started, he asked me why I want to go to US, and what I want to study; I answer shortly, he add that it will be interesting for me because of elections and he said that I am qualify for the visa and I will get my passport in 5 days. Thats all the meeting take like 5 minutes.


Ehhhh it took me one whole day to get there and come back just to have 5 minutes conversation with consul.

And someting about costs:

Travel to Krakow and back: 60 PLN
Fee for a meeting: 300 PLN
SEVIS fee: 250 PLN
Calling consulate: 20 PLN
Photo: 16 PLN
DHL fee: 23 PLN

TOTAL: 669 PLN what is about 200 euro!

No comments: