Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wadi Rum - places that amazed me

I wanted to write few articles about places that amazed me the most. I was thinking about my different travels, sightseeing, places, monuments and what I realized is that mostly I am getting impressed by nature.

One of that places I have found in Jordan. We went from Amman to the south - to Petra and Wadi Rum. At first we got to Petra - one of the new 7 Wolrd Wonders.

Petra is a rose-stone city built in the 3rd century by Nabataenas, who carved palaces, temples, tombs, storerooms and stables from the sandstone cliffs.
I had there a very nice walk (what is quite difficult in Amman) and spend a nice afternoon, but if you want to go to Petra book the whole day for that. I was all the time said faster, faster we don't have time. And unfortunately I even didn't have time to make a good photos and fully enjoy. MAybe therefore I will say that this place was just nice...



Then we moved to Wadi Rum (Rum Valley). It was already the night when we got there and we was enjoying the sand storm, after it was raining. I haven't seen a lot. When it finished in the middle of the night with my firends we decided to walk around. There was nothing to see, but we claimb up some rocks and we have a very nice view on our camp. The plan was to wait until the sun rise. It was cold so we moved to our camp to wait there till the morning.

Of course we oversleep the sun rise, but when I woke up and went out of the tent I was shocked. I was so impressed, so amazed. The surrending was so wonderful, the rocks all around, the colours, the shapes... breath taking...





Then we decided to take a jeep trip through the desert. As well we didn't have enought time for that, and we took one of the shortest trips just 2 hours, but it was worth. Driving on the desert with the jeep, seeing amazing views ot that extraordinary desert, claimbing sand mountain and the rolling down the hill :) climbing the rocks over there and taking too much sun!



Yes - Wadi Rum it is this place I have to come back :)

3 comments:

L.E.H said...

Hey,

Nice website. Thanks for reviewing mine on linkreferral (http://www.viennaaustria.blogspot.com). Keep up the good work!

Lars

Admin said...

Wadi Rum must be a nice place unfortunately I never been there. A few years ago I went to Jordan, I visited several interesting places, I think I will come back.

Aga said...

Well you have to see south of Jordan. If you was only in Amman you missed a lot. Amman is a city where poeple work, study bit it is totaly not for turists, there are very little places to hang out and so one