Wednesday, August 20, 2008

one more airport story :)

I am finally in US - healthy, tired and really happy that I ma finally here, becasue it was not easy!



The travel was so long and complicated. Till Paris it was ok, I was sleeping almost all the way, I have even overslept my meal in the plane, then in Paris CDG I realized that my flight is delayed, but still I was not that worried about it. Problems has started in the plane...

Firstly, I was so hungry and it appeared that I am not on the list of vegetarians! There was really nothing to eat; finally after a long conversation with the craw they brought me someting, but nothing hot.



Secondly, I realized that our delay will be rather big and I can miss my plane. I decided to do my best to cath the plane. Just after landing I was the first person who get out of the plane, then RUNNING i got to know what I have do next. Immigration! there was already a line, but I asked people and they let me in first, the guy from immigration was looking through the papers quite long but he was helpul telling where to go next.

Baggage! It looked so good, I had 35 minutes to take my laguagge and to to the plane. But... my lagguage was not there, and I was waiting and waiting... In the meantime I have met guy from Austria going to the some university as me. He was the first who had found his lagguage and run:)

Finally!! 10 minutes before my plane I got my lagguage! I was still hoping to catch plane. So I run through customs, then I was trying to find a right gate, then there was scanning hand lagguage. I had to take off my shoes, so i did continue without them:D I didn't have time to put them on!

While I was running i realized how big is this airport. And I had to catch the train to move to my gate. I was not the only one - plenty of people were screaming that they might be late.

OK, totally tires, sweting so much and stinky I finally got to my gate and I have meet the austrian guy over there. Of course we both missed the flight.

But this small chenge of plans had some advanteges as well. I had time to have some beer on the airport and meet some funny people (with whom we almost missed the next flight - because they changed the gate and there was no information)

ohhh... here is totally different, I will try to write next posts soon, one about americans in general because I have already a lot of observation and the second one aout Hendrix itself (thats name of college)

cheers
Aga

No comments: