Monday, August 11, 2008

One week to go

Unbelievable, next week this time I will be already in the plane going to Arkansas, USA. Today I decided to start with preparation and what I realized it that I have already 3 working days (because in Friday we have national holiday) and too much things to do, as always.

few days later...

I wanted to write someting for few days but I couldn't find time to do that. Right now I can say I am almost prepared. I was thinking quite long what I have to take, how to pack, shell I take my backpack or rather suitcase? I decided not to take a lot of stuff, just I will take those cloths which i like and rest I will buy in US. Right now when US dollar and euro are so wick everything seems soooo cheap!

So Monday morning I am takin my plane from Berlin, then stop in Paris and Atlanta. I shiould be in Little Rock Monday evening local time. Then I can say I will start new life I hope...


any goals?

there are plenty of things which I am expecting after this stay in US. I am not sure if they are possible to realized but I will try. Those goals are:

--> chill out - I want to have few weeks without stress, running all the time and being overworked, I know that I am workoholic but I will try to change it
--> take care about myself - I hope it will be the next step after chilling out, I want to have more time for myself, rest, start eating more healthy lost weith
--> experience how it is to be a student - I realized lastly that I have never been thhe normal student, always studies were in addtiion to someting, maybe know it will be different, I really want to study
--> visit New Orleans - I have as well some expenctations about travelling, one of them is New Orleans, I will do my best to go there...
--> my master thesis - one of my main goals is to collect materials to write my master thesis, I want to work on this as much as possible to have less work coming back to Poland

Am I excited about my travel?


No I am not. For me travelling, changing places where I live is just "normal", I am not getting excited about that, just like that. But I am afraid that I will have to force myself to be excited or just lie to everyone about it.
I had already a lot of contact with different people from the university, both students and professors. In each e-mail I was getting there were a lot of expressions how excited are people...

"I am very excited that you all will be arriving at Hendrix in just a few days."
"We hope you are looking forward to a great year at Hendrix"
"Again i'm excited that your coming to Hendrix and can't wait to get to know you"
"Hey, i am so excited aout hte new semerster, and you?"
"I’m very excited to meet you! I just wanted to send you a note, telling you a little bit about myself. "

...and many more:) Just I am not sure how it will be over there when I will not show so much excitement as the others... but it can be fun:)

Am I stressed?

No, I am not. For 5 years I was taking care about people who are going to live abroad for one year and I think this gave me a lot fo experience. That's so wired but I cannot be stressed!!!!!!!!
But there are some things which are scaring mea bit, firstly I am afraid that I will be the oldest one over there and it will influence me a lot, and thats all:)

I hope to have nice time over there

1 comment:

Ann said...

You're such a world traveler, I hope you'll like your stay here in the US.