Sunday, June 28, 2009

Once more on my way

So there are only three more days to go. Till Wednesday I have to make my loundry, pack my suitcase, buy a lot of stuff (I still need a bra, shoes as always, cosmetics, medicines), meet with few people, because ones are leaving and new are coming back. The list is much longer, I bet I will be preparing myself to go in the last seconds before leaving.

1. My next destination - Alexandria, Egypt

This is really an amazing city on the Mediterranean Sea two hours by train from Cairo. I was already in different places in Egypt, but I have to say that Alex is the only place I can live, I mean I can feel comfortable and not feel like a tourist. This is the only place were I can feel comfortable while walking down the street and even people are not attacking me and forcing to buy something.

I simply love to set in the local place, smoke shisha and chat with people around me. I still remember when I was alone in one of those places. And there was manager coming to me, offering me free drinks to taste (same special kind of sweet tea), then someone wanted to play taula, so I took a challange. Unfortunately I was not able to make any move by myself, because there was 10 people advising me what to do.

2. My work over there

So I am not going there for 3 months to lay on the beach and drink beer. Those who knows me a bit will know that I will be bored after two days. I am going there to make so called internship (but it won't be really). This time I will work with kids. With three more girls I will be organizing birthday parties for kids (mostly between 4 and 12 years old). As far as I know I should have fun with them, take care, suggest plays, play with them.
Te best in this work is that I will be all the time outside. The organization has a special center for kids. It is placed in the gardens next to the beach. They do have a lot of fun stuff for kids. It really looks it might be a lot of fun. Although I have never worked with this target group.

3. Living in Alex

I just realized that I am startin each new thought from "so", and I have to change it;) "So" I will be working and living in el Agamy, that is in the south from Alex, the summer place there rich egyptians have their summer houses, there are beaches and bars. I talked with few people and same of them told me it's really nice place, and same of them said it's awful.
I will share flat with 3 other girls - two from the Netherladns and one from Greece. I just have seen them on facebook, and talk with them a bit, but it looks fun, and I guess it might be really cool. I simply love having roomates. I was missing it since last December.
Right now I have to think what to take to decorate my place to feel good over there. My idea was to make home-warming party and ask all my friends to bring one photo with them, which can be after move to my other "homes". I think I will start this in Alex, developing and collecting cool photos on my walls. This might be something stable in my life:D

No comments: