Saturday, March 28, 2009

Problems with internship

It is already more then month, since I have started looking for the internship. And my first impression is that I don't like this system. There are of course people who seems to be professional and are answering e-mails quite often and are able to provide the information. Unfortunately there are more problems, and the whole system is rather not working.

1. The biggest problems - acceptance notes

Acceptance note - it is kind of declaration, that if you will be choosen, you will for sure come to this place. I know it is needed, but I think it is overused. When you write to someone, you are immediately asked for AN (acceptance note). First, I thought, it means they like me and it is serious. NOT AT ALL!!! It looks like that everyone is asked for the acceptance note, and then after 10 days (becuase they have to answer you within 10 days) you get to know that the selection process didn't even started.

The rule is that after sending one acceptance note, you cannot send another one for 10 days. It means as well that you cannot look for the internship during this time, because all other people ask you for the acceptance note.

2. MY experience with project in Jordan

project: TN-In-JO-AM-2009-1012

It was very interesting project. I wrote to them and they said, everyting is fine, send us AN. So I ahve done it and I was waiting 10 days. After this time, I got to know they they still didn't started interviewing candidates, and they have more then 20 of them. After another week I got to know that there was a holiday, so still there was no interviews. Next week the main coordinator was on the training abroad and could't give me any details. It was already this time when the coordinator was suggesting me looking for something different. I was doing it, but as well keeping eye on the internship in Jordan. And the last week I got to know that there are problems with the company and maybe this project won't happen at all.

Right now I have checked, and the project status is on hold

3. My adventure with Mexico

I have found amazing place, and I decided that I can wait 2-3 weeks until they will finish recruitment process. To do that I had to withdraw my interests in the internship in Indonesia, where I was already accepted.
But I have found the coordinator online, and we were talking a lot, everything looked good, and I had big chances. The deadline for application was 25th, before that date I was informed that maybe the results will be even earlier. It was the last info I got. It is almost two weeks since I was in touch with people from this organization. Last week I was writing to them everyday. The coordinator was not online at all (on msn or skype).

Today I have checked the status of those internships and it is once more on-hold.

4. Egypt is the same

I don't understand the situation with Egypt either. I had very interesting internship, where they didn't have a lot of condidates. Even the girl I was taling to was very happy they I appeared. The last e-mail from her was that she will organize interview as soon as possible. Since then I didn't get any e-mail from her. Some time later I wrote once more and sked what happened, but there was no respond either.



Right now I am not sure what I supposed to do. I am not afraid that I might go to place where I can not depend on people. I used to manage by myself, and this time it will be the same, but I want to go somewhere, and it is already anoying that nothing the people are not responsible.

No comments: