Thursday, March 12, 2009

development of internship looking process

Last few days I had a huge dilemma - I coulnd't decided what to do. There was this TN manager from Indonesia pushing me to give him an answer, but there was also another places I wanted to give a chance.

How the situation with Indinesia looks like - so there are two projects, both cool, both interesting (help with teaching English) and I always wanted to go there. But there was something wrong. All the time I was thinking that maybe it is not a good idea, although I was convinced from all sides that I should go there.

Yesterday I made decission. There is this proverb - better bird in hand, then pigeon on the roof, what means better are things which you have, then maybe more atractive but far away. So there was nothing wrong with Indonesia - I just didn't have this strong feeling that I really should go there.

But today I did manage to catch a coordinator from Mexico, where they do have amazing internships in Ethos Foundation - NGO dealing with different social issues! This was something perfect for me, things I was doing since I remember, things I loved to do. And it was a second that I had this very strong feeling - yes that's this place (especially that maybe finally I would improve my spanish). I had a problem with this intenrship, because I was not sure if the dates I am available are fine for thie employee, if they do have a lot of candidates and so one. But today after the short chat with the coordinator I know I should give a chance to this project. Maybe they do have same candidates (and most probably in 2 weeks they will have more), but I know that I would be a perfect match, I have enough skills, I can apply for more then one intern... and I have to wait only till 25th of March!

So where I am now...

I decided that I will cancel all these places where they want my decission right now. I will apply for this 2 additional project in Mexican foundation to improve my chances. Still I am in the application process in Jordan, where I was informed it will take ages to decide. Moreover I have contacts to other MEDA countries, where I can even go for development internship (don't get salary, only accommodation, but have much cheaper travel), and looking on my performance till now I am sure that if those places won't work for me as I wish, I can easly find nice DT somewhere closer to home and as well fine. But if I won't give a chance to those all better project I know I will regreat.

No comments: